In this article, we are going to show you how to straight your hair as a man. If your hair is not naturally straight, don’t worry about that, there’s technics which can help you achieve your straight hair goal. Keep in mind that there’s no shame in this situation when you are a man trying to have smooth strand. No one will judge that. Let’s try some salon proven treatments in order to remove all the frizz from your hair.
Firstly, use a blow dryer after showering
After applying shampoo and hair conditioner on your hair, use a towel to dry your hair and then use a comb to comb it out.
Take a blow dryer and maximize their heat as well as their speed, and apply it on your hair. Use a soft brush to pull your hair straight out from your head at the same time with blow drying. Remember to adjust the direction of the air coming out from the blow dryer as if someone is trying to pull your hair from behind your back.
Some tips to successfully blow drying your hair:
- A round-barreled brush would help to from prevent your hair from becoming a mess because the wind force is very strong, so it can make your hair messy.
- Don’t keep the blow dryer still because the heat from this device will damage your hair. Just “wiggle” it a little bit.
Using a straightener
This device works for both genders. They generate heat between 2 ceramic plates. When you put your hair under those 2 plates, your hair will immediately be straight. However, don’t overuse it. Too much heat will damage your hair for goods.
There’s a wide range of straighteners on the market. A proper one for your task should have less than 1-inch width and generate the heat up to 350-degrees Fahrenheit. This is a comprehensive review of hair straightener which will help you decide which one suits best for you. Please read carefully the instruction for safety reasons. After preheating the hair straightener for 2-3 minutes, apply it to half inch hair sections.
Some rules of thumbs that you must keep in mind when using a straightener aka flat iron
- The maximum time a section of hair is kept between two plates of the straightener is 5 seconds. Otherwise, your hair will be singed.
- Use a blow dryer with cool setting after heating your hair up with the flat iron.
- Be careful when using the straightener closed to your head skin because your scalp could be burnt.
Appling the relaxer
After blow drying your hair to cool it down. You may use the relaxer in order to keep it straight in case you have very curly and kinky hair. A relaxer is a special lotion which will you’re your hair easier to manage. However, this is not a good for your hair in the long run. However, relaxer is very effective. You need to apply it on one every few weeks in order to straighten your hair roots.
In order to cure your hair after using relaxer, just simply cut off the relaxing part.
Click here to read more